Hospitals use a method to calculate staffing developed more than fifty years ago when patient care was less complex, inpatient stays longer, and nurses cared for patients in wards. Healthcare has completely changed, with less experienced nurses taking care of highly acute patients, staying for a shorter time. Organizations can no longer rely on Hours Per Patient Day (HPPD) and instead need sophisticated tools rooted in decades of research.
RNvision was created by a nurse for nursing and relies on a complex, algorithm-driven approach to managing RN staffing and assignments. RNvision provides nursing leadership visibility into their organization’s staffing patterns to assist with the hiring, staff allocation, and skill mix decisions. The available modules are:
- Acuity-Based Staffing Dashboard
- Nurse Credentialing
- Reporting and Analytics
RNvision is a unique system combining patient acuity, ratios, and credentialing. It is EHR agnostic, so you can leverage any technology platform using a consolidated system or the best of the breed. RNvision is customizable for your needs and workflow.
Provides real-time, staffing decision support at your fingertips
The nursing dashboard provides high-level insights to assist with management-level decision-making. Users can quickly determine the overall acuity level of specific care areas and match that to the number of nurses available for care.
XcellenceFirst defines appropriate staffing as the balanced mix of patient acuity, number of staff, and staff competencies. (Hammel, 2020)
In the dashboard view:
- Evaluate against mandated ratios, or if not regulated, ensure safe levels of care providers
- Project staffing levels based on acuity in addition to census levels
- Quick insight into length of stay
- Ensure staffing remains within budgetary parameters and appropriately utilized
- Examine trends and predict results
If you are not already using an automated credentialing system, RNvision has a solution. It provides efficient and valuable credentialing information presented in an easy to use system. With this module, you will be able to:
- Efficiently credential nursing staff
- Leverage the granular nurse credentialing to drive accurate nursing assignments
- Increase clinical decision making process and cut credentialing time exponentially
Reporting and Analytics
With the data being collected and collated within RNvision, users are provided a robust analytics platform. A combination of canned and custom reporting unlocks the tools needed for nursing to make data-driven decisions.