The role of the informaticist is changing, so much so that many organizations are challenged to define what an informaticist core skill sets should be and how to create a department of resources who fulfill the vast expert domain areas an informatics professional can address.
Informatics is the intersection of people, information, and technologies David Penniman
Ideally, an informatics department will:
- Use technology as a means to deliver more effective care, improve efficiency and further clinical practice
- Maximize user adoption of technologies to obtain optimal patient safety and efficiency benefits
- Obtain appropriate staff skill mix to meet both the immediate and long-term department and organizational goals
- Provide thought leadership on current trends and future concepts, particularly how these will impact an organizations operations and care delivery
Our Informatics consultancy breaks down into several key components:
- Informatics interim staffing
- Senior leader advisory offering guiding organizations as they seek to create a new informatics model to support current and future initiatives
- Informatics learning center to provide informatics resources with core competencies
The individuals you obtain and grow will provide structure and integrity to all of your technology initiatives and will help your organization be better equipped to manage the numerous challenges ahead.